Friday, July 31, 2009

lack of blogs...

Not that I was ever Miss Super Blogger, but I was a little more consistant a few months ago...

welllllllllllllll after my 3rd Marathon this year, my left knee decided... that it had enough! I hate writing in my blog just to complain, because I like to think I'm a fun, optimistic, happy person. It was easier to just not write!

I have been walk/jogging 6-12 miles a week (mostly walking) and doing cardio via elliptical. I couldn't even imagine how it would feel to run over 2 miles straight. I hate that I'm not running, but I know I just need to rest my body if I ever want to attempt to run another marathon, or even half! It's funny when a 5k suddenly seems like a difficult task! I remember joking with one of my BFF's earlier this year that we'd never pay $30-$40 bucks to run 3.2 miles when we could get a huge medal and t-shirt for $50-$100 running 13.1-26.2 miles.... The only thing that is a joke anymore that I used to take being able to run 5k+ for granted! Big reality check for sure!

I'm hoping to stay off running for about another month, maybe attempt a 5-10k... if that goes well attempt training for the Columbus Half Marathon in October(I was planning to get a BQ time in the FULL marathon) if all goes well! On a very positive note, I have 10 toenails again ;)

7 comments:

Devon said...

Hope your knee gets better soon!

Running 365 said...

So glad you're back! My knee has been just been speaking up enough to let me know it's there, so I'm trying to take it easy so I can keep running.

COTY said...

hope your knee gets better soon so you can run again :O)

CJ said...

Hope your knee feels better soon! Sounds like you are taking care of it and building back the right way.

CJ

Nicole said...

I hope you knee starts to get better soon!! Give yourself a break- you deserve it!!!!! :) :)

Katie Dinterman said...

take good care of your knee so you aren't a stranger to the 26.2 anymore!

Simply Life said...

Wow, 3 marathons in one year - impressive! I hope you're taking great care of yourself! Way to go!