Friday, March 20, 2009

blisters...?!

I ran about 9 miles with my training group on Wednesday in our "hill" run workout in my new Mizuno's and awesome new Smart Wool sox. I have a huge/deep blister, and have a 17 mile run tomorrow morning at 8AM. How do I run the 17 miles with my blister? it's popped, opened, and "drying out". I know this is gross.. but I seriously need advice.



Did I get it from the new shoes? were my socks not good enough? or was it hills and my new faster pace? all of the above?!


(yes I took this at work, notice the mat for my chair, if my co-workers caught me...how funny would that be!)


I feel like I have "broken in" feet, with calluses and thick skin... you name it.



Proof: I ran 2 marathons, and 1 half with only 1 or 2 tiny blisters on the tips of my toes.



Why now am I getting blisters on my arches? It's only happened recently, 2 wks ago in my old Mizuno's on a 14 mile run, and this week on a 9 mile run in my new shoes?



-slightly annoyed

No comments: