Monday, March 2, 2009

GU me!

I did the craziest thing on Saturday morning... I finally decided to join the Saturday morning running group. (this was very hard for me, because my Friday night social life had to take a hit)



At 7:30AM my alarm went off (no hangover this Saturday morning!!), I hit snooze up until I had to throw a hat, gloves, and running shoes on... and was out the door w/ a banana in hand for my quick breakfast on the drive over the bridge to KY(about a 6 mile drive). I went for a 14 mile run with about 50 people or so in this running group. It was 23 degrees out and windy... and we ran from Newport's purple bridge up around Eden park/Mt. Adams(Cincinnati, OH) and back to the purple bridge in Newport, KY!!(picture below) I decided to run in the 8 minute pace group... and by the end was at the 8:30ish pace group... needless to say I got done in about 1:50? (I really need to get a garmin) I couldn't believe I did it, without it being a race.. no medal or support at the end... There were muliple times where I just wanted to stop and sit on the curb and open two GU packages, one vanilla bean, and one chocolate outrage and go at it like a delicious sundae... but I didn't! I guess what pushed me to keep going was to know that I could eat whatever I wanted the rest of the day guilt free, and the fact that I was running next to a really fun guy in my running group (we happen to be the only two at same pace). After this run I feel like... I'm officially a running freak!



This picture is the closest thing I could find to our route:























P.S. wear good socks, not "cute" ones that claim to be for running... I knew better!!:

1 comment:

Christine said...

I think you are just a freak in general! hahaha....jk! Keep up the great work...we are so proud of you. Great post too lil blogger!! XOXO ST!