Monday, April 6, 2009

18 mile run... I mean 16 mile run.






This Saturday was our 18-19 mile group run with my running group. It was a gorgeous day to run, at 8AM we started our run, it was about 50 degrees with a perfect breeze, and the sun peaking through the clouds. Within the next hour the sun was fully out, 60ish degrees, birds chirping, everyone seemed to be out doing things in their yards, washing their cars, taking their dogs for a walk, just anything to be outside. I loveeeeeeee Spring!!!
I knew we were running pretty close to my apartment, so I decided to take a little detour and go pick up my favorite running partner, Ella! (see above map & doodles)It worked out perfectly because I could go change into a t-shirt and replace my sweaty hat. I was feeling pretty tired, but my lil' partner made the rest of my run fly by! Right when I went back on to our running path my "pace" group was just passing by. It worked out really well. My run was awesome, and I didn't have to worry about taking Ella on a walk after the long run. I wish I had a Gamin to check my pace. The last 4 miles of the run with my pup were fast, I ended up passing my pace group(or the group of people that I recognize as a pace group). I would guess that I was at about a 7:30-7:45 pace during my run.


Yesterday I got some new running gear for the Flying Pig Marathon at Dick's Sporting Goods... I think I found my new obsession... Under Armour compression running pants. They felt so good, I ended up putting them on as soon as I got home, and wearing them the rest of the day!
I also got a bright pink UA sports bra tank (so my family can spot me.. okay okay because it's Pink!) I also resorted back to my trusty Wave Mizuno's, (not the fancy, more stylish ones that I was oh-so-excited about in previous posts), and my favorite socks, SmartWool running socks.







I'm geared up, trained, and ready to run... 26 days...


my favorite little but mighty running partner!











1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have a great experience. Actually, I always love my smartwool running socks because it is convenient to use.