Thursday, April 9, 2009

Love my new shoes, and a beer or 4 after a run!

Mizuno Wave® Inspire™ 5


Yesterday was my training group's (8.8) 9 mile midweek run. I tried to do it as hard as I possibly could, because I knew there was a sweet reward at the end... FREE BEER.

Started the run around 6:45 PM and I felt so motivated and energized. I love my new shoes!! They are like running on little bouncy clouds. It was about 55 degrees and no wind. I made it to mile 5 and was feeling pretty crappy because we had been running hills, and thank goodness for a yummy chocolate GU or I wouldn't have been able to keep pushing. Our trail went right past my apartment, that always seems to kill me... I always want to stop and pick up my lil running partner Ella(my puppy). The last two miles of the run were all up hill, I needed back-up, I got my ipod out of my running pouch(something like this and it fits my Crackberry!) and put on some jams. I danced (in my head)all the way to the bar!

The news channel 9 video tapped us running, I hope to see the video on TV or online. My running group has 800 total signed up to run, and in the "marathon" training group which I'm in about 50+ show up every week run, and maybe 70ish on the Saturday. I've been in 3 running groups, this being by far the best group ever!! Bob Ronker's Running Spot Training Group! There's a guy in my group that runs the same pace as me, we have no idea what exactly our pace is... we both don't wear a watch or Garmin... we joke that I have an "Armin" and when we get stuck at stop lights or traffic i'll pretend to pause it and restart it to keep our pace and go "beep" ;) I'm really excited because last night during our 3rd beer he said he'd run the flying pig marathon with me!!! wooooohooo!!! "Pacer" is his nickname. He actually turned around in the big crowd of runners when I yelled his name. Pacer is a 25ish y/o male that is prob about 200lbs(or so, im not good at weight) and 6'3... we definitely don't look a thing alike, yet have the same exact pace. It's interesting how people can be built so differently and run at the same pace.

Saturday is our 22 mile long run before we start tapering... I'm not feeling it at all, but once Pacer said he was excited and I better do it (there's an option to run 12) I decided I should do the long run... oh man hope he can carry me if I get tired. If there isn't crowd support or a medal at the end... 22 miles is awfully far to run for "fun". Fun seems to wear off for me around mile 15... so this will be a BIG test!


Today is a very special day... it is RunninDuff's 25th Bday!!! Love you ST!!!!

No comments: