Monday, May 11, 2009

not happy... strained calf..... ugh


I believe I have a strained right calf... the Cleveland Marathon is THIS Sunday.

Realistically, is there anyway to run this? I mean I look like a freak walking down stairs, I don't run like a road runner through my office anymore. No one has to make fun of me for walking so quickly... ughhhhhhh. All I was doing was simply running up the stairs 2 days after the Flying Pig marathon... and about the middle of the steps I felt a sharp pain, kind of like a piece of glass was in my calf and it stunned me. I was feeling pretty good Saturday and cleaning got the best of me, I walked quickly down the stairs, and the sharp pain hit me again, this time pretty much making me limp all day Sunday and Today.

I'm in the dumps today, I'm in great shape, mentally prepped to run, I'm so excited....... yet... one little thing.. my right calf. What do I do?

I thought about trying to get in with my massage therapist? I've been icing 2 times a day (I know it should be 4), I've stretched, and have been using ibuprofen....???????

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh no, this doesn't sound good! Have you seen a doctor or PT yet?

Benson said...

A.R.T
Active Release Techniques.
And maybe get a good trainer to tape you up properly for running.
Good luck.

CJ said...

I would get to a PT or a massage therapist. Also maybe get some compression socks for wearing around to help aid circulation. I have CW-X brand and love them.

CJ