Tuesday, May 12, 2009

very first "run" with the garmin

picture of my test run w/ Gucci the Garmin (Gucci is such a lame name... but somehow it just comes naturally.. why? because I think it's funny that I spent that much money on a watch, and I don't even own a nice watch?! I must have a weird sense of humor...)

I hardly call 1 mile a run... but, my muscles are still repairing from the Flying Pig Marathon Sunday the 3rd... and I've been limping around since Tuesday after I pulled/strained/whatever the hell I did to my right calf.

I gave in and scheduled my first massage therapy session. Andy is his name... he doesn't specialize in the A.R.T. , Active Release Techniques like Benson said I should look into, but he is in the process of learning. He said he's worked on many pro athletes(I live in the land of the Cincinnati Reds/Bengals), and even a girl that is one of the fastest girls in Cincinnati that is in my running club/training group. I figured I'd give him a try! But Andy did recommend a great guy that does A.R.T. and I may try him out if I get a better insurance policy.

This being my very first experience with Massage Therapy, he told me that I will probably be sore for 2 days after our initial session tonight... and that I should come back on Friday night or Saturday morning before we make the 4 hour drive up north!

I have a bittersweet feeling right now..... I'm used to being excited. Hopefully after visiting Andy today... I will feel better.

1 comment:

Benson said...

Good for you getting some massage therapy. You'll be glad.